Given the work being done as part of the EU Circular Economy Package, the global resource & waste management crisis, and the deep transformation of consumer expectations and behaviours, the Retail and Consumer Goods sector needs to rapidly reinvent the way consumer products are sold.
To support the ECR Community members in addressing these challenges, the ECR Circular Economy Group are delighted to announce a series of thematic webinars aimed at increasing general awareness and knowledge around the circular economy in the Retail and Consumer Goods Sector.
The purpose of this ECR initiative is to present the trends emerging around the EU Circular Economy Package, identify new opportunities offered by the possible “closure of the cycles” in the value chain of the products and collaboration best practices and to inspire the development of actions and strategies in partnership with the key partners of the supply chain of retailers and manufacturers, including the consumer.
Webinar 3: Circular Economy Case Studies for the Retail & Consumer Goods Sector
Tuesday February 4 at 2pm CET.
- Silvia Scalia, ECR Director at ECR/GS1 Italia will give an overview of ECR Community and the work its doing on the circular economy
- Ignacio Gavilan, Environmental Sustainability Director at Consumer Goods Forum, will provide a global perspective on Circular Economy initiatives and examples of circular economy projects from retailers and manufacturers
- Tommaso di Luca, Communications Manager at Lucart Italy, will present their EcoNatural system
- Geraldine Poivert, CEO of RE(SET), will provide an overview of the innovative circular economy projects they are working on with retailers and manufacturers.
Webinar 1 – What impact the EU Circular Economy Package will have on retailers and manufacturers and how they can prepare?
Tuesday 3 December 2019 at 2pm CET.
- Emilie Chalvignac, Director of Operations at Institut du Commerce (ECR France) provides an overview of ECR Community and the work its doing on circular economy
- Isabelle Maurizi, Environment & Sustainability Lead at Eurocommerce will give a retailer perspective on the emerging EU Circular Economy Package
- Eva Schneider, Sustainability & Communications Manager at AIM European Brands Association will give a manufacturer perspective on the EUR Circular Economy Package
Webinar 2: How retailers and manufacturers can address consumer demand through circular economy projects
Tuesday 14 January 2020 at 2pm CET.
- Teresa Mischek-Moritz, Manager at ECR Austriaprovides an overview of ECR Community and the work its doing on circular economy
- Natalie Babbage, Director at Kantar presents their Consumer Response to Sustainability & the Circular Economy study
- Hugues Pelletier, of PETREL, provides an overview of the Loop initiative they are running for Carrefour in France
Here are some useful links to information on the Circular Economy that could be useful to read in advance of the webinars
The EU Circular Economy Package provides a good overview of the work the EU is doing on implementing Circular Economy best practice. Launched in 2015, the EU Circular Economy Action Plan was the plan to support the transition to a circular economy. Four years on, in March 2019, the EU Commission released a comprehensive report on how the plan has been implemented. Actions taken include new and revised legislation to the Waste Framework Directive, The Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive and the Single Use Plastics Directive.
Kantar, who will be featured on our second webinar, have launched a new global study into the consumer response to plastic waste
After each of the webinars the presentations will be emailed to all attendees and posted to this page.
This webinar is suitable for all company functions including CSR Managers, Sustainability and Environmental Managers, Research and Development Managers and Marketing Managers who are interested in sustainability and environmental issues.