Last year ECR Community, in partnership with the WPO World Packaging Organization and FH Campus Wien | University of Applied Sciences in Austria, launched the Global Packaging Design for Recycling Guide for Retailers & Manufacturers.
The project has now moved to the second phase of the project and Country Waste Stream Mapping Guides have been published for 20 countries. They contain the relevant collection, sorting and recycling streams available by country. Click the link below to see if one is available for your country.
The following documents should be used hand-in-hand and can be downloaded at the following links:
- Global Packaging Design for Recycling Guide for Retailers & Manufacturers [CLICK HERE]
- The simple ‘How to Use the Guide’ PDF document [CLICK HERE]
- Waste Stream Mapping Country Guides (currently available for 20 countries) available on the WPO website [CLICK HERE]
- Launch webinar for the Global Packaging Design Guide [Oct 2021] [CLICK HERE]
It has been great to see the level of interest in the Global Packaging Guidelines from packaging experts and practitioners from across the globe. Below are just some of the media articles that have featured the guideline:
- European Supermarket Magazine (ESM) – Circular Thinking Article
- Packaging News Australia: Tech Speak – Waste Stream Mapping: Essential Tools for Circular Design
- ProPack: WPO launches waste stream mapping guides for 21 countries
- Food New Zealand Conference – July/Aug 2022
- Packaging South Asia eZine – Features launch of Global Guidelines & Packaging South Asia – Article on 2nd Stage: Waste Stream Mapping Tools